All the posts below were designed for @thedancecurrent Instagram page, where I currently work as the marketing coordinator. The Dance Current is a magazine focused on dance that is published four times per year by Dance Media Group, a not-for-profit organization.

This post was created to let potential customers know there was advertising space left in May. Using a reference to a pop song paired with a beautiful photo to create a surprising and humorous juxtaposition, I aimed to offer an approachable vibe, an alternative to traditional sales posts.

Photo: Matthew Cuff by David Choi

This post was designed to advertise an Instagram Live interview, the second part of a two-part series in partnership with Dance Ontario. I used an alternative orientation for the text to reflect the angles in vogueing, Cuff’s discipline and the focus of the interview.

This post was designed to invite potential advertisers to advertise online in April. I chose a simple, yet beautiful aesthetic to inspire people who were perhaps new to advertising so they could see the impact from an uncomplicated, single image. With this choice I was looking to make advertising accessible since my marketing strategy as marketing coordinator is to focus on community building. The reason for this strategy is because of the magazine’s focus on equity and support for dance communities across Canada.

Similar to the strategy for the above post, this post was created as an invitation and source of inspiration for organizations and artists who are looking to connect their work with dance communities in Canada, but may be intimidated or feel it is an overwhelming or complicated process. A single, beautiful image shows that an impact can be made easily and efficiently.

';